Chronic sinus problems are almost always a result of growing fungus in the nasal passageways. Sinus tissue is lined with mucus membranes that help keep the nasal passageways moist, but when the soft tissue becomes irritated, it increases both the blood flow and mucus production. With the increase in blood flow, the sinuses become swollen and trap mucus in the nasal cavities. This creates a perfect warm, stagnate, and moist environment for bacteria, viruses, and fungi to grow.
A NATURAL CURE
A recent study of chronic sinusitis and fungus done by the mayo clinic found that 97% of the people tested had an average of 2.7 types of fungus growing in their sinus cavities, and were successfully treated for chronic sinus infections using anti-fungal medications. There are many different antifungal supplements to choose from, both prescription and natural, but what was found to be the most effective antifungal agent by far, was the natural remedy of grapefruit seed extract (GSE).
GRAPEFRUIT SEED EXTRACT
Grapefruit seed extract is a liquid derived from the seeds, pulp, and white membranes of grapefruit. According to WholeHealthMD, the antifungal effects of GSE were first used on farms to help prevent mold growth on crops. Since then, it has been used in natural cosmetics as a preservative, and most recently has been uncovered as an extract with serious health benefits.
There are specific steps to follow when taking GSE for sinus infections. Any brand will work fine, but it is best to get the liquid form rather than the pre-made capsules, as it is much stronger. It is important to follow these steps though, because GSE can be very hard on your stomach if not consumed properly.
HOW TO TAKE GSE:
- Purchase the liquid form, but use a dropper to put it into empty gel capsules, as the taste is very potent and acidic
- Make sure to drink 8-oz of water with each dosage
- Start with three drops of GSE per capsule, and increase by one drop each dose
- It can be taken up to 3 times per day
- If you can only take 3 drops per dose, it takes a week or so to see improvement
- If you can take 10+ drops each time, you will be better in a few days
- If you can easily take 60 drops (two large gel-caps full) with 12-oz of water, you might only have to take it once and it’s possible to kill everything
Everyone has a different tolerance to GSE, so start with a small dose and work your way up. Once you know how many drops your stomach can handle, take that same amount whenever you need to. You won’t have to start out small again.
This has been shown to work for about 95% of people with chronic sinus infections!
Beebe Chiropractic & Wellness Center is located in Tigard, OR within the Portland Metro area. Dr. Daniel Beebe cares for patients with sports, work & auto injuries, neck & lower back pain, headaches & migraines, chronic pain, scoliosis and more. For more information visit BeebeChiro.com.