Thanks to a reminder from one of our patient’s children who recently developed the flu – we are passing along good information for us all to take heed. The possibility of contracting the flu virus is still high, even though the temperatures are warming in Oregon and Spring is just a day away. Due to the low efficacy, harmful ingredients, and potential health risks involved with the flu shot, we recommend more natural ways to help with flu prevention. If you choose not to get the influenza vaccine, here are some simple things you can do to help protect yourself:
- Stay away from white sugar
- Exercise regularly
- Get adequate sleep
- Eat a healthy diet
- Drink plenty of purified water
- WASH YOUR HANDS FREQUENTLY!
In case you have contracted the flu virus, as our patient’s child did this week, the best remedy you can employ is Artificial Fever Therapy. The minute you start feeling sluggish or get the feeling that you might be coming down with something, flush the virus out of your system by following these steps:
- Drink several glasses of warm water or a hot tea before beginning.
- Get into the bath and add hot water until you get it as hot as you can stand it. (Be careful if you’re doing this for a child, regularly test the water or get in the bath with your child).
- Cover knees and shoulders with a hot, wet towel so that the entire body is hot.
- Record initial oral temperature.
- Check temperature every five minutes, at 100 degrees Fahrenheit place a cold wash cloth wrung from ice water on the forehead and keep it cool.
- When oral temperature of 101-102 degrees has been reached, maintain that temperature for the duration of the treatment. Most people find that 15 minutes of sustained artificial temperature will eradicate most colds and flues.
- After 15 minutes, dress quickly in a big robe or sweats and immediately get to bed and cover with blankets to continue the fever treatment.
- Keep the head cool in bed until the oral temperature is below 100 degrees.
- After 30-60 minutes an having sweat profusely, the body will have boosted the immune system, as the white blood cell count will jump from just a few thousand to 10-15,000 after a fever treatment.
- Once body temperature has returned to normal, take a neutral shower and change into clean clothes.
*This process can be completed using a bath, sauna, hot tub, shower, etc. so long as it raises your core temperature and can safely monitor and maintain it until you are able to complete the final steps.
Beebe Chiropractic & Wellness Center is located in Tigard, OR within the Portland Metro area. Dr. Daniel Beebe cares for patients with sports, work & auto injuries, neck pain & lower back pain, headaches & migraines, chronic pain, scoliosis and more. For more information visit BeebeChiro.com or follow viaFacebook or Twitter.