Some people wonder why more and more parents are taking their children to see chiropractors. The answer is simple: whether we have a large spine or a tiny little one, if that spine is negatively impacting the communication of the nervous system then our body is unable regulate and co-ordinate itself correctly…
The nervous system is the ‘Master Controller’
The nervous system is the master controller of our body and if its communication channels become fuzzy, distorted or damaged then we may experience all sorts of communication errors. For babies this ineffective communication may play out as colic or irritability, an inability to suckle and breastfeed or poor sleep habits. For a child poor nerve communication may result in developmental delays, an inability to concentrate, behavioural problems, digestive issues, asthma, headaches – the list is endless.
While chiropractic may be able to help with a number of health issues, chiropractic is not a band-aid cure for any health challenge. Our focus is not treating or curing ailments; our focus is ensuring the nervous system has every opportunity to communicate clearly and work effectively. This enables our body to then recreate “order” and co-ordinate healing and better function.
10 reasons parents take their children to see a chiropractor:
- To encourage good neural plasticity (brain and nerve development).
- To support “first-class” nerve communication throughout the body to promoting health and wellbeing.
- To help strengthen their child’s immunity – encouraging fewer colds, ear-aches and general illness.
- To help resolve breastfeeding issues and colic.
- To reduce the detrimental impact our modern world has on our children’s health.
- Encourages children to thrive by supporting digestive strength.
- To diminish nerve interference which may impact their child’s capacity to learn and concentrate.
- To promote body balance – helping to resolve poor posture, asthma, allergies and bed-wetting..
- To help kids stay fun and light hearted.
- To help kids stay in tip-top shape.
Your child’s health is their greatest asset and yes while more research into the benefits of chiropractic for babies and children is needed, chiropractic for little people has been shown to be gentle, safe and effective.
When combined with a healthy lifestyle, chiropractic is a true wellness enabler. Ask around and you will find that parents frequently report chiropractic helps their children stay in tip-top shape.
Get a free subscription to“Healthy Families” Magazine